Documents related to the project
Community Strategic Plan 2035
Community Strategic Plan 2035 Feedback
Delivery Program 2022/23-2025/26 & Operations Plan 2022/23
Long Term Financial Plan
Strategic Asset Management Plan
Workforce Management Strategy
Fees and Charges 2022/23
Rating Review - Technical Paper
Financial Sustainability Plan
Capacity to Pay Report
Lithgow City Council’s engagement with the community was based on an assumed rate peg of 2.5% as in accordance with the Office of Local Government`s Special Rate Variation guidelines. On 29 September 2022, IPART announced the 2023-24 rate peg for NSW Council is set at 3.7%. Following the announcement, website communications were updated to reflect the 3.7% rate peg. Historic community engagement materials produced during Council’s engagement program referred to the assumed 2.5% rate peg amount and these documents are retained in the archive section of the website for reference.
At the Council meeting held on 28 November Council resolved as follows:
22 -235 RESOLVED
- Authorise the General Manager to notify the NSW Independent Regulatory and Pricing Tribunal of its intention to lodge an application under Section 508(2) of the NSW Local Government Act for a permanent Special Rate Variation (SRV) 34.3% increase (plus 3.7% rate peg) in 2023/24 for the primary purposes (based on IPART categories) of:
- Improving financial sustainability;
- Maintaining existing services; and
- Reducing infrastructure backlogs for asset maintenance and renewals.
- Commit to limiting any increase in the residential, farming and business (general) rating categories to 27.7% (including the 3.7% rate peg) with the balance of the SRV funds required to be levied against the business power generation sub-category, mining category and a new quarrying business sub-category or sub-categories.
- Note that, in the event that the future fund proposal is not finalised prior to any SRV application to IPART being completed in January 2023, Option 1 would return to Council’s original proposal of a 42% SRV (plus 3.7%) with $1.092M added back to the power generation and mining rating categories.
- Endorse the updated Integrated Planning & Reporting documents to be placed on public exhibition for 28 days. This will include the following plans:
- Supplementary Community Strategic Plan 2035.
- Supplementary Combined Delivery Program 2022– 2026 and Operational Plan 2022/23.
- Updated 2022-2032 Long Term Financial Plan.
- Updated 2022-2026 Workforce Plan.
- Updated 2022-2032 Strategic Asset Management Plan.
- Note the Community Engagement Strategy Feedback Report which is included as an attachment.