Community ConsultationLearn more and have your say
Lithgow City Council would like to thank the community for their feedback on the two proposed Options for a Sustainable Future. Following extensive community engagement Council resolved at its meeting on 28 November to notify IPART of its intent to apply for a Special Rate Variation.
Min No. 22 -235 RESOLVED
- Authorise the General Manager to notify the NSW Independent Regulatory and Pricing Tribunal of its intention to lodge an application under Section 508(2) of the NSW Local Government Act for a permanent Special Rate Variation (SRV) 34.3% increase (plus 3.7% rate peg) in 2023/24 for the primary purposes (based on IPART categories) of:
- Improving financial sustainability;
- Maintaining existing services; and
- Reducing infrastructure backlogs for asset maintenance and renewals.
- Commit to limiting any increase in the residential, farming and business (general) rating categories to 27.7% (including the 3.7% rate peg) with the balance of the SRV funds required to be levied against the business power generation sub-category, mining category and a new quarrying business sub-category or sub-categories.
- Note that, in the event that the future fund proposal is not finalised prior to any SRV application to IPART being completed in January 2023, Option 1 would return to Council’s original proposal of a 42% SRV (plus 3.7%) with $1.092M added back to the power generation and mining rating categories.
- Endorse the updated Integrated Planning & Reporting documents to be placed on public exhibition for 28 days. This will include the following plans:
- Supplementary Community Strategic Plan 2035.
- Supplementary Combined Delivery Program 2022– 2026 and Operational Plan 2022/23.
- Updated 2022-2032 Long Term Financial Plan.
- Updated 2022-2026 Workforce Plan.
- Updated 2022-2032 Strategic Asset Management Plan.
4. Note the Community Engagement Strategy Feedback Report which is included as an attachment
• Hampton Halfway House – Wednesday, 17 Aug
• Cullen Bullen Hall – Wednesday, 24 Aug
• Glen Davis Community Hall – Wednesday, 31 Aug
• Cranbrook School, Wolgan – Wednesday, 14 Sept
• Monkey Creek Cafe, Dargan – Wednesday, 21 Sept
• Mumma Snow’s Cafe, Tarana – Wednesday, 28 Sept
Information Sessions Schedule
Portland - Saturday 13 August
Wolgan St, Portland
Saturday 13 August
From 1.00 pm
Lithgow - Saturday 20 August
Bridge St, Lithgow
Saturday 20 August
From 1.00 pm
Wallerawang- Saturday 27 August
Mackenzie St, Wallerawang
Saturday 27 August
From 1.00 pm
Capertee - Saturday 3 September
Capertee Memorial Hall
Castlereagh Hwy, Capertee
Saturday 3 September
From 10.30 am
Hartley - Saturday 17 September
Mid Hartley Rd, Hartley
Saturday 17 September
Rydal - Saturday 24 September
Rydal Showground Hall
Market St, Rydal
Saturday 24 September